Situated at the most northerly tip of the Isle of Skye, these substantial self catering cottages were built as the homes and offices for the Coastguards who would walk daily to the lookout station on the nearby Rubha Hunish headland.
Rubha Hunish is one of the best locations on Isle of Skye for wildlife watching – seabirds, otters, whales & dolphins. Quiet and secluded, the rear of the cottages overlook picturesque Loch Cleat and from the front there are magnificent sea views over the ruins of Duntulm Castle to the Isle of Harris and the Outer Hebrides.
Recently fully renovated, the cottages are the northernmost houses on Isle of Sky. The location is stunning… one of the most photographed on the Isle of Skye, and recognised as one of the best places in Britain to view the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights)!
The cottages can be booked individually by families or couples, but can also be booked together for groups… walking, diving, bird watching, cycling, climbing etc.
A three bedroom cottage sleeping up to 6 adults (travel cot available upon request).
Erisco is the middle cottage in the terrace of the Coastguard Station and is named after a deserted settlement a short distance away on the Rhuba Hunish shoreline walk.
Self Catering Accommodation for 6+ persons
- Good size lounge with loch & sea views
- Open fire in lounge
- Separate dining room with hatchway from kitchen
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Bathroom with shower over bath and wash basin
- Separate toilet and wash basin
- 3 bedrooms – 1 double bed, – 1 twin bed, – 2 full size bunk beds
- Safe grounds
- Free unlimited BT wi-fi
- ‘Total Control’ heating – electricity included
- Bed linen and towels
- Freeview TV
- Washing machine, tumble drier and outside clothes line
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer
- Folding Beds, Cot, Highchair and Safety Gate available on request
- Guest telephone (honesty box)
- Ample parking