Situated at the most northerly tip of the Isle of Skye, these substantial self catering cottages were built as the homes and offices for the Coastguards who would walk daily to the lookout station on the nearby Rubha Hunish headland.
Rubha Hunish is one of the best locations on Isle of Skye for wildlife watching – seabirds, otters, whales & dolphins. Quiet and secluded, the rear of the cottages overlook picturesque Loch Cleat and from the front there are magnificent sea views over the ruins of Duntulm Castle to the Isle of Harris and the Outer Hebrides.
Recently fully renovated, the cottages are the northernmost houses on Isle of Skye. The location is stunning… one of the most photographed on the Isle of Skye, and recognised as one of the best places in Britain to view the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights)!
The cottages can be booked individually by families or couples, but can also be booked together for groups… walking, diving, bird watching, cycling, climbing etc.
A four bedroom cottage sleeping up to 8 adults and two infants. (travel cot available upon request).
Hunish is a substantial four bedroomed house at the southern end of the Coastguard Station and is named after the adjacent Rubha Hunish headland, the most northerly point of the Isle of Skye. One of the double bedrooms in Hunish is situated on the ground floor and is ideal for guests with mobility difficulties.
Self Catering Accommodation for 8 persons
- Good size lounge
- Open fire in lounge
- Full electric heating to all rooms
- Separate dining room with hatchway from kitchen
- Fully fitted & equipped kitchen
- Bathroom with shower over bath and wash basin
- Separate toilet and wash basin
- 4 bedrooms – 1 master king size, 1 double, 1 twin (upstairs), 1 twin (ground floor)
- BBQ and garden/dining furniture
- No fuel/utilities charges
- Free unlimited Broadband WiFi
- Ample bed linen and towels
- Freeview TV
- Washing machine, tumble drier and drying rack
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer
- Folding Beds, Cot, Highchair and Safety Gate available on request
- Guest telephone (honesty box)
- PlayStation3 & games
- Maps, guide books, board games. DVD’s, jigsaws
- Ample parking